Capital Advisory Overview
Pillar Capital Advisors, LLC is a dedicated team of credit- centered corporate finance professionals devoted to helping our clients succeed through the tumultuous capital markets. Our track record is centered upon providing objective advice and providing access to tier-one resources to a wide range of public and private companies. Our seasoned group of capital advisors has advised clients in structuring, distributing, and investing in senior and subordinated debt, mezzanine, and preferred equity transactions throughout a broad industry base.
In addition to the relationship with our parent company IBS Investment Bank, we have an extensive proprietary network of relationships that we use to assist companies with veiled intrinsic value or those who are poised to capitalize on emerging trends. Subsequent to the investment, we collaborate with our management teams as active partners to build sustainable, industry-leading businesses.
*Special Notice: Pillar Capital Advisors, LLC is not a licensed Broker-Dealer or Registered Investment Advisors. Pillar Capital Advisors, LLC engages in M&A broker transactions that are covered under applicable exemptions under the Securities Act of 1933.
Capital Advisory Services
General Financial Advisory
- Board assistance - objective financial advice
- Loan sales and acquisitions
- Debt buybacks
- Portfolio evaluations, investor selection and assistance with purchase / sale negotiations
- GP/LP Assistance - preparation of private placement memorandum and investor presentations, LP identification, asset allocation strategies and LP diligence
- Restructuring matured debt obligations i.e. DIP’s and equity retirement
- Assistance in converting balance sheet items
- Restructuring actual or potential breaches in covenants with lenders/investors
Fairness Opinion and Valuation Services
As investor and regulatory scrutiny increases on companies and their transactions, board members are well advised to use due care in executing their fiduciary duties by mitigating perceived conflicts of interest. One way boards can demonstrate fulfillment of their duties, when considering a transaction, is by seeking fairness opinion services from a trusted and independent advisor such as Pillar.
Pillar leverages its knowledge of real-time market dynamics and trends to provide investors, corporations and business owners with insightful valuation advice and guidance. We provide fairness opinions to Boards of Directors and special committees for material business transactions and also help corporations and business owners understand the valuation potential associated with a variety of strategic alternatives.
Pillar supports clients in evaluating their short-term and long-term capital requirements. We advise clients in structuring financing to accommodate growth, recapitalization initiatives and business acquisitions. Our executives are industry leaders at assisting clients in securing financing from private investors through the issuance of debt or equity securities and obtaining senior debt, mezzanine, and equity financing from institutional lenders and private equity groups in a series of structures:
- Credit structures ranging from senior, junior and second lien loans, to subordinated/mezzanine debt and revolvers
- Flexibility to hold loans for our portfolio or underwrite them for syndication
- Investment Grade Debt
- Leveraged First and Second Lien Debt
- Mezzanine/Subordinated Debt
- Structured Equity
- Growth Equity
- Venture Capital
Mergers And Acquisitions
Pillar assists clients in developing and executing value-maximizing merger and acquisition strategies. We advise small and middle-market companies on sell-side and buy-side M&A advisory assignments, as well as corporate carve-outs and divestitures. We leverage our industry expertise to help clients understand their strategic alternatives, assess their business, and navigate the complexities of the M&A process. Through years of experience, our access to acquirers and investors within the middle-market is unrivaled among our competitors.
- Sell-side Advisory
- Buy-side Advisory
- Ability to quantify and support upside potential with buyers
- Dedicated principals involved across all execution stages
- Proactive marketing outreach to an extensive reach of domestic and global industry contacts
- Thorough project management that includes confidentiality agreements, technical presentation, and virtual data rooms.